By George Eldon Ladd
Read or Download A Commentary on the Revelation of John PDF
Best christian reference books
They were traditional, universal, and now and again shockingly low-caste, but every one was once made outstanding through her life-changing stumble upon with God. Readers could be challenged and stimulated by means of Twelve striking ladies, a poignant and private inspect the lives of a few of the Bible's so much trustworthy ladies.
"These issues are written that you could be think that Jesus is the Christ. " Dig deeper into John's gospel and adventure the affection and personality of Jesus Christ. a superb source for private research, and particularly valuable for these serious about the educating ministries of the church, the Wesleyan biblical studies remark sequence will motivate and advertise existence swap in believers by way of employing God's authoritative fact in suitable, useful methods.
For the prior a number of many years experiences at the inner workings of the evangelical church have mirrored a stream clear of reliable theological instructing from the pulpit. Too frequently, sound biblical preaching has been changed with prosperity sermons, company versions, and self-help treatments that experience produced a new release of believers that experience turn into steadily unaware of the Bible and Christian doctrines.
This quantity includes 15 papers written via Christoph Levin among 2001 and 2011, 4 of them unpublished. One major concentration is at the Pentateuch, mostly at the oldest entire narrative resource, the Yahwist, which was once written first and foremost of the Jewish diaspora. One paper supplies an overview of the positive factors of this resource as they emerge because of an inquiry into their redaction background.
- Introducing Biblical Hermeneutics: A Comprehensive Framework for Hearing God in Scripture
- Haggai and Zechariah 1-8 (1984): A Commentary (The Old Testament Library)
- An Introduction to the Study of Jeremiah (T&T Clark Approaches to Biblical Studies)
- Safe at Home: Finding What You Never Lost
- The Son of David in Matthew's Gospel in the Light of the Solomon as Exorcist Tradition (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament)
- The Gospel of John: A Commentary
Additional info for A Commentary on the Revelation of John