By Flaminio Squazzoni
Most of the fascinating social phenomena of our time, resembling foreign terrorism, social inequality, and concrete ethnic segregation, are effects of complicated kinds of agent interplay which are tough to monitor methodically and experimentally. This ebook seems at a brand new learn flow that uses complex machine simulation modelling strategies to focus on agent interplay that enables us to provide an explanation for the emergence of social styles. It provides a style to pursue analytical sociology investigations that examine appropriate social mechanisms in a number of empirical events, equivalent to markets, city towns, and organisations.
- Provides a accomplished creation to epistemological, theoretical and methodological positive aspects of agent-based modelling in sociology via a variety of discussions and examples.
- Presents the professionals and cons of utilizing agent-based types in sociology.
- Explores agent-based versions in combining quantitative and qualitative facets, and micro- and macro degrees of analysis.
- Looks at how you can pose an agent-based examine query, deciding on the version construction blocks, and the way to validate simulation results.
- Features examples of agent-based versions that examine the most important sociology issues.
- Supported via an accompanying site that includes facts units and code for the versions incorporated within the book.
Agent-Based Computational Sociology is written in a typical sociological language and lines examples of types that examine all of the conventional explanatory demanding situations of sociology. Researchers and graduate scholars interested by the sector of agent-based modelling and computing device simulation in parts reminiscent of social sciences, cognitive sciences and computing device sciences will reap the benefits of this book.
Read Online or Download Agent-Based Computational Sociology PDF
Similar social sciences statistics books
Social developments in American lifestyles assembles a workforce of prime researchers to supply unheard of perception into how American social attitudes and behaviors have replaced because the Seventies. Drawing at the basic Social Survey--a social technological know-how venture that has tracked demographic and attitudinal traits within the usa considering that 1972--it deals a window into various elements of yank existence, from intergroup family to political beliefs and orientations, social affiliations, and perceived wellbeing and fitness.
This ebook deals a brief and uncomplicated consultant to utilizing SPSS and offers a basic method of fixing difficulties utilizing statistical checks. it truly is either finished by way of the exams coated and the utilized settings it refers to, and but is brief and simple to appreciate. no matter if you're a newbie or an intermediate point try out person, this booklet might help you to examine sorts of facts in utilized settings.
Marginal types for based, Clustered, and Longitudinal express information presents a entire assessment of the elemental ideas of marginal modeling and gives quite a lot of attainable functions. Marginal types are usually the best option for answering vital learn questions whilst based observations are concerned, because the many actual international examples during this publication express.
This is often the 1st publication that makes use of cyber-vulnerability info to discover the vulnerability of over 4 million machines in step with yr, protecting a two-year interval as pronounced by means of Symantec. reading greater than 20 billion telemetry reviews comprising malware and binary recognition stories, this booklet quantifies the cyber-vulnerability of forty four nations for which at the least 500 hosts have been monitored.
- Introductory Statistics Using SPSS
- Bit by Bit: Social Research in the Digital Age
- Social Science Research: From Field to Desk
- Regression Analysis: A Constructive Critique: v. 11 (Advanced Quantitative Techniques in the Social Sciences)
- Structural Equation Modeling With AMOS: Basic Concepts, Applications, and Programming, Third Edition (Multivariate Applications Series)
Extra info for Agent-Based Computational Sociology