By Jeffrey Reiman
- Maps a brand new frontier in ethical philosophy and political theory
- Distills a brand new notion of justice that acknowledges the iniquities of capitalism
- Synthesis of parts of Marxism and Liberalism will curiosity readers in either camps
- Direct and jargon-free kind opens those advanced principles to a large readership
Read or Download As Free and as Just as Possible: The Theory of Marxian Liberalism (Blackwell Public Philosophy Series) PDF
Best political philosophy books
In Dworkin’s grasp paintings, the crucial thesis is that every one components of worth rely on each other. this can be one, large factor that the hedgehog understands, not like the fox, who is aware many little issues. Dworkin’s knowing of the relationship—between ethics, morality, and political morality—is considerably revised and in addition significantly elaborated.
Martin Luther King, Jr. famously expressed his dream that his youngsters might "one day now not be judged through the colour in their pores and skin, yet through the content material in their personality. " In his imaginative and prescient, a person's moral characteristics will be understood despite his or her physique instead of via it. ordinarily, we expect person's activities shouldn't be judged based on their actual good points, equivalent to race.
Testi di Platone, Aristotele, Cicerone, Agostino, Hobbes, Locke, Hume, Smith, Paine, Bentham, Montesquieu, Rousseau, Voltaire, Condorcet, Gli Eguali, Kant, Burke, Hegel, Tocqueville, Nietzsche, Marx, Mill, Taylor, Engels, Rawls, Dworkin, Sen, Hayek, Habermas, YoungDa Platone e Aristotele sino a Rawls e Habermas, un'antologia di testi sull'eguaglianza tratti dai classici del pensiero filosofico e politico.
Wir brauchen eine gerechtere Globalisierung – diese Einsicht ist ebenso alternativlos, wie sie utopisch anmutet. Um dennoch die realistische Hoffnung auf eine kosmopolitische Weltordnung in Aussicht zu stellen, konstruiert die Schrift einen Menschenrechtsansatz globaler Gerechtigkeit. Teil I beschäftigt sich mit der Frage der Praktikabilität.
- Radical Sociology of Durkheim and Mauss
- Sovereignty in Ruins: A Politics of Crisis
- The Politics of Selfishness: How John Locke's Legacy Is Paralyzing America
- Muslim Women and Power: Political and Civic Engagement in West European Societies (Gender and Politics)
- Late Modernity, Individualization and Socialism: An Associational Critique of Neoliberalism
- A Theory of Freedom: Feminism and the Social Contract (Breaking Feminist Waves)
Additional resources for As Free and as Just as Possible: The Theory of Marxian Liberalism (Blackwell Public Philosophy Series)